Check out the schedule on the website for details about tryout dates and times.
GET READY FOR TRYOUTS!
1. SMILE genuinely -- Relax, be yourself, and have fun. Be confident, make eye contact and carry yourself with poise.
2. Make smart clothing choices. Wear clothes that fit properly. Tuck your shirt in no matter how much better you think it is to leave it un-tucked.
3. Make sure your hair is away from your face. Wear your hair in a ponytail. You can also add a bow!
4. SLEEP-- The night before the tryouts, get a good night's sleep.
5. Take your time. Don't think about the whole tryout at once. Take deep breaths and remind yourself that you can do it!
6. Everyone makes mistakes. If you mess up, keep going. Don't giggle, get frustrated or angry.
7. Be loud and enunciate each word loudly and clearly. Avoid woo-hoo-ing, instead, opt for a "Go Patriots!"
8. Practice cheers/dances in front of a mirror when you get home to make sure your motion placement is correct.
9. Clean up your jumps and tumbling skills. A sloppy toe-touch or back handspring is going to cost you points. If you're going to do it, do it well.
10. Don't try anything you aren't comfortable doing. You can get hurt! Stick to what you are confident with, and you will do well. The judges are looking for confidence as well as ability.